J Wallis Leisure Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement, and never used by any third parties or passed on.
J Wallis Leisure Ltd may change its policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st April 2021.
By providing your personal data to us you acknowledge that it will be processed in accordance with this policy.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information, including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests, and
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
Please note that we use CCTV to deter and detect crime and civil offences, to support court action and to comply with our licensing requirements. We also use CCTV to provide a safe environment for staff and customers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- To deliver your bookings. When you book with us, we will use your information to confirm and deliver your booking and any payments you have made, and we may also send a follow-up email for your valued feedback
- For internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services
- To send promotional emails about new products, events special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- For market research purposes.
We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Basis for processing your data
We rely on the following for using and / or processing your data:
- Compliance with a legal obligation / regulatory authority
- Performance of a contract, in order to deliver the service with have agreed to provide you (such as a room or table booking
- Legitimate interest, in order to improve the customer experience and develop our products and services, and
- Consent, where you have specifically agreed to our using your data.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online or store offline.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Once you have used these links to leave our site, however, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. We cannot be responsible, therefore, for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. We strongly recommend that you should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to each website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes (this is usually set so that you do not automatically sign up to things you do not want but you should always check), and
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We rely on a number of third party providers, such as wifi, website hosting, CRM (including Quadranet Systems and MailChimp) and PMS (through Eviivo) to provide some of our products and services. In this case, we remain in control of the data and third parties will not have any rights to use the data for their own purposes.
We will not sell, distribute, lease or otherwise release your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Wallis & Co, 12a – 15 Navigation point, Hartlepool, Durham, TS24 0UH
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the below address or email us at email@example.com as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.